ABOUT THE CHOP TOP CHALLENGE:
The 2018 Chop Top Challenge is a road rally where teams compete to get the most points while traveling from Chicago to New Orleans in a car that they chopped the top off of. It will take place from March 24 - 27, 2018 with a kickoff party on March 23.
The teams that complete the challenge will meet in New Orleans on Tuesday afternoon for an awards ceremony with a grand prize going to the overall winnner. Previous grand prizes included 5000 pesos and $300 in Bellagio Casino chips.
RULES FOR THE CHOP TOP CHALLENGE ROAD RALLY 2018
1. Your vehicle must be one that was not offered from the factory with a convertible option. The vehicle must have no top and no windshield.
2. Full face helmets must be worn by all participants during the road rally. There is an exemption for the Vegas Strip.
3. Participants must obey all driving laws (speed limits, road signs, seat belts, proper insurance & registration). You really don’t need to be speeding in a car that is arguably already quite dangerous.
1. It is strongly recommended that you weld the doors shut and have a roll cage in the vehicle. Safety first.
2. Warm clothes. Vegas is not fun if you are still dealing with the effects of hypothermia. Like, seriously warm clothes. (Like I thought I was gonna lounge the whole way down in sandals and shorts with a hoodie on and I ended up wearing every piece of clothing I owned.)
3. Snow tires might be a good option (Chicago in April, could be 60, could be -20 )
4. In-helmet walkie talkies with music capabilities is a must if you want to have any fun. Like seriously essential.